Steven Peter Devereux Smith is a famous Australian Cricketer. Steve Smith was born on 2 June 1989. He has been the former captain of the Australian national team. As of November 2019, he is regarded as the best batsmen in the world due to his consistently good batting. He plays for New South Whales and Sydney Sixers in domestic cricket and he was the captain of Rajasthan Royals in the International Premier League (IPL).
Steve Smith was born on 2 June 1989 in Kogarah, Sydney to Australian father Peter and English mother Gillian.
He attended his high school and left at 17 to make his career in cricket which was his passion.
He played so well there and was selected to play for Surrey second X1.
He got married on 15 September 2018 at Berrima, new south whales with Danielle Willis.
Smith was a member of the Australian cricket team in 2008 under 19 world cup in Malaysia. There he scored 114 runs and took 7 wickets as he was debuted with a bowler but after few tournaments, he batted every time.
Steve Smith is 30 years old.
Height is 175 cm and Weight is 78 kg. The eye color is light blue and Hair color is Blonde.
Date of birth - 2 June 1989
Birth Place - Sydney, New South Whales, Australia.
Zodiac sign - Gemini
School - Alfords Point Primary School
Menai High School, Sutherland shire
Educational qualification - High school Dropout
Family - Father is Peter Smith Mother is Gillian Smith
Sister is Kristie smith (Elder)
Wife is Danielle Willis
Religion - Christianity (catholic)
Coach or Mentor - Trent Woodhill.
Records and Achievements
Steve Smith has created many records in cricket as a bowler and mostly as a batsman. Here are few best records of smith given below -
- He was the second-highest wicket-taker bowler of ICC World cup T20 2010.
- He scored consecutively three centuries as a captain in the test match against west indies.
- In 2014-2015, Border Gavaskar trophy test series, Steve Smith scored most runs individually against team India.
- There was a time in 2009-10, he took 7 wickets in domestic cricket. which was his turning point. but later on, he batted and created records in batting.
- He was the youngest player to win Sir Garfield Sober Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the year award) 2015.
- The fastest man to score 7000 test Runs, he breaks the 73-year-old record which was stood since 1946.
- Sixth fastest batsman to reach 10000 runs in international cricket. (2019)
- Steve Smith did his test debut on 13 July against Pakistan.
- His last Test match was on 29 November 2019 against Pakistan Where he broke massive 73 years of unbreakable record.
- He did his ODI debut on 19 February 2010 against west indies.
- His last ODI match was on 11 July 2019 against England.
- His T20 debut was on 5 February 2010 against Pakistan and the Last T20 on 8 November 2019 against Pakistan.
Steve Smith always wanted to play a fair game as he always says in his interviews he is a good sportsman, he never wants to break the cricketing rule but there were some unfortunate moments or circumstances where he had to face some controversy.
- During a match against Pakistan, Smith captures a fabulous catch in the slip of Fawad Alam (Pakistani batsmen). The catch becomes controversial when Smith ran forward before the batsmen played But somehow it was given a fair catch afterward.
- On 24 March 2018, During the 3 Test match between Australia and South Africa on the 3rd day, Cameron Bancroft captured with a ball along with yellow material ( Ball-tampering) in camera. After the Investigation, he accepted that he was involved in ball-tampering in the presence of Steve Smith and David Warner. Further investigations clear that Ball-tampering was done with captain Smith and Warner was fully aware of it. After that Australian cricket board banned Cameron Bancroft for 9 months and 1 year for Steve Smith and David Warner. After that in the conference when it was asked to Steve smith then he regrets.
Steve Smith Favourite
His Favourite Athletes Are -
Batsmen - Ricky Ponting
Bowler - Shane Warne
Tennis - Roger Federer
His Favourite Film Are -
Home Alone 2: Lost in New york
His Favourite Tv Shows are -
Las Vegas, CSI, Two and a Half man, One three hill
His Favourite Musicians are -
Little birdy, vampire weekend, the killers
His Favourite Food is -
Chicken schnitzel, Acai
- Smith started playing cricket as a spin bowler but later on, he improved in all fields and now he is Batsmen.
- Steve smith's father was Australian and her mother was English.
- He took most wickets in the 2008 KFC Big Bash Tournament.
- In 2014-15 he became 45th test captain of Australia.
- He won the Allan Border Medal in 2015.
- During the second Ashes test in 2019 steve smith was hit by a ball that was delivered by Jofra archer and smith was collapsed to the ground.
Is Jofra Archer the most lethal bowler in world cricket today? He did this to three batsmen in this year's World Cup. I'm seriously praying for Steve Smith. Really concerned about him now. pic.twitter.com/0Zeh9C0092— Rifat Jawaid (@RifatJawaid) August 17, 2019
Steve Smith is a good Allrounder in his field. After the ball-tampering case, he feels regret over it which tells he has good sportsmanship. After 1 year of a ban, he came again and breaks the 73-year record and scored 10000 runs.